April 30, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: I am Switzerland

Switzerland by Angie
I am a neutral country. I am Switzerland. I refuse to be affected by territorial disputes between mythical creatures. -Bella Swan, Eclipse, page 143

I used Cat's Switzerland crest pattern. It is super simple and I wish I had had some time to embellish it some but was in a time crunch so I just made the pattern the way it was designed. Since I couldn't add anything, I tried to use the most fabulous fabrics I could in the block. I used white (Snow) fairy frost for the center cross and Holly Berry fairy frost for the shield part. I have to tell you about this fabric...I got it at 'my happy place,' MaryJo's. It was marked 'as is' so I thought maybe there was a mistake in the bolt somewhere...but didn't see any in the yard I bought so I didn't worry about it. Now I think it is discontinued. I have looked around to get more of it and even gone back to the store to get more and have never seen it's equal again. It is the most awesome fabric! It is different shades of blood red with the fairy frost print on it and then sort of sprinkled with gold glitter. You have to see it to appreciate it. Anyway...the black is just basic Kona cotton in black. I really like this pattern and like all of Cat's patterns it was super easy to make and lots of fun!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Angie, that is spark-i-licious! I love it -- it is so amazingly eye catching. You are officially dubbed the Fairy Frost Princess! You did a beautiful job!

joyce said...

I love this block, Angie. It's simple, but really pretty, and I absolutely love the sparkles!

Mel said...

Great job, Angie!!! The fabric is mouthwatering!!! I love the varying shades of red in the red FF.

Mel said...

Great job, Angie!!! The fabric is mouthwatering!!! I love the varying shades of red in the red FF.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Wanda said...

Angie, you did such a nice job on this block and I love that fabric. Upon closer look I realized that I have a small piece of that too! I hope it really isn't discontinued!