April 18, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: Bella's Broken Heart

Bella's Broken Heart by Wanda
It had not been Edward and Jacob that I'd been trying to force together, it was the two parts of myself, Edward's Bella and Jacob's Bella. But they could not exist together, and I never should have tried. -Bella Swan, Eclipse, page 608

I used Jennifer Ofenstein's paper pieced pattern on Sewhooked for Bella's Broken Heart. Of course as you know, one piece of the heart belongs to Edward and one piece to Jacob, so in the beginning I experimented with different fabrics in the heart to represent each one. But it just didn't look right so I opted for the traditional red heart using a batik fabric which seemed very heart like to me! The gray background was used to explain the storm and mood in Bella's heart at being torn between two loves.

-Wanda

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Really nice job Wanda! I love your fabrics. This is just really eye-catching.

Anette said...

I wish I had such talents! Well done!

Mel said...

You're so right about the red, Wanda. It looks like a real heart. I love how you used a grey background to represent the "storm". Good job!