April 23, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: Jacob's Note

Jacob's Note by Angie
Don't give yourself a brain hemorrhage, Jacob. Just spit it out. -Bella Swan, Eclipse, page 4

When I started thinking about this block I pictured a crumpled up piece of notebook paper kind of tacked down to the background. But that just seems kinda boring. I thought about making a shirt pocket with plaid fabric so it looks sort of like a flannel shirt. Then someone suggested using a jeans pocket like Bella took the note and shoved it into her back pocket. I happen to have a box full of my son's old jeans that I plan to make a quilt out of some day. Plus I was thinking that since they are smaller the pocket would be the right size. It was actually a little small. I had a hard time getting enough of the 'butt part' of the jeans that didn't have a seam on it, that is why it was set sort of wonky. But I like it that way. I added some blue fabric to the borders to make it big enough. Then I printed out the quotes from the note on printable fabric. I changed the order of the messages a little from the book since I REALLY like the "what part of mortal enemies" quote and I really wanted it to be seen once I put the note into the pocket. It is a simple block but I like it, I hope you do too.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Simple, but effective. Gets the job done! Nice block!

Mel said...

Angie, I love this block! Simple, yes. Effective, yes. To the point, yes. Fantabulicious ... HELL YEAH!

Wanda said...

Yes, I like it! Simple is perfect.