April 15, 2010

Mimi: This Chick's too hip

Sent from Heaven
up above,
Here is a baby

 for you to love.

Happy news! Last month I became a first time g-ma! David Augustus was born on March 19th weighing in at 8 lbs. and 7 oz. At first the new parents couldn't decide if they would call him David or Gus, but the latter prevailed and so its baby Gus! As all of you know, newborns can be fussy so I call him Afusstus sometimes. As far as being called Grandma I wasn't sure about this so my daughter started calling me Mimi which I love, but will still answer to grandma too. I saw a sign I'm going to buy which reads: MIMI: This chick is way too hip to be called grandma!

A new baby in the family is such a blessing and it felt heavenly as my daughter placed her newborn son in my arms. I fell in love instantly.

I'm working on a monkey quilt for baby Gus (should have had that finished by now) and a special little white collared smocked bubble suit for him to wear to church on his blessing day.

I'd like to say thank you to all those who sent their good wishes, comments and thoughtful gifts. It's been a delight.

-Wanda

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations Wanda! Gus is adorable! Thanks for sharing him with us!

Julie C. said...

Nothing better than a sleeping baby....and a sleeping Mimi! Very sweet!

Anette said...

He's precious--so sweet. Welcome to the grandma club. It's a good thing!

whimsyfox said...

Hey Mimi, you ARE way too hip to be called grandma! =D And I didn't realize it before but Gus shares his birthday with my older daughter!