April 16, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: Imprinting

Imprinting by Wanda
Sometimes ... we don't exactly know why ... we find our mates that way. I mean . . . our soul mates. -Jacob Black, Eclipse, page 122

This is a traditionally pieced love heart with a machine appliquéd paw print to show imprinting. The paw is a rough sketch (not exactly the same) of Cat's paper pieced paw pattern, which was used in our other quilts. I wanted the appliqué  to be similar to that, but felt the best way for me to achieve this was to appliqué it.

-Wanda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool block! You ladies are talented!

Elizabeth said...

Nice job, Wanda. I especially love the fabrics you used on the paw!

Mel said...

I thought from looking at the block quickly on TMs that is was paper pieced! This looks fabulous, Wanda! I love the leopard print for the paw. Very cool! Great job on the block! (and crazy applique skills! "Chapeau" to you!)