November 8, 2009

New Moon Quilt: The Volturi

The Volturi by Mel


This started out being only Jane. We figured it would be more representative to have all the Volturi! This block is my interpretation of the volturi, full-fledged. It started out as a hand drawing I made, and I did my best to transform it into fabric art. The Volturi are surrounded by smoke, cloaked in black. In the back, the clock is about the strike noon. The red sky represents their power and also the threat of death the Volturi represent. I used applique and reverse applique for everything. I used a satin stitch to embellish the smoke, and to embellish the clock tower. The Volturi were appliqued, and I also used a blanket stitch, again for embellishment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel, great colors and textures! This block is creeptacular!