November 8, 2009

New Moon Quilt: The Proposal

The Proposal by Elizabeth

We 'talked' quite a bit on how Edward's marriage proposal should be represented. It is a difficult proposition to represent in fabric. Angie shared this pattern with me and I thought it worked out well. This block is meant to represent Edward offering his (anatomical) sparkly diamond heart to Bella (not to be confused with the actual sparkly diamond heart he gives her for her charm bracelet in Eclipse). The red rose is a symbol of love. I also went with red, white and black because a lot of this quilt is earthy and Jacoby, but Edward is still there. I hope this block does not disappoint.

I used the black swirl fabric that I used in the Stephenie Meyer Twilight Quilt for the background (sorry you can't see it in the block, it is hard to get a good photograph of it), our favorite iridescent sparkle fabric for the heart, Red Fairy Frost for the rose and a really ugly green marble print that worked out perfectly for the stem and leaves of the flower. I think that is my favorite part.

No comments: