November 8, 2009

New Moon Quilt: Bella's Gifts

Bella's Gifts by Wanda


I fussy cut the first gift so as to create a moon in the middle of the gift. I orginally selected this particular fabric because it seemed to be similar to a present that Alice was holding in an official New Moon photo. I hand appliqued the squares for the packages and fused and stitched the ribbons. My background fabric is also symbolic of moons with the circular design. My roses are cut from another fabric and fused and machine stitched. And even though there are only two they represent the "hundreds of roses" used to decorate for Bella's birthday. They also balance the "small pile of silver wrapped gifts." And yes, the ribbon bows are washable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanda, the gifts are absolutely gorgeous - too pretty to open! I love the roses. They add just the right touch!