February 18, 2012

Stephenie Meyer Quilt: The Forks Forest

The trail . . . snaked around the Sitka spruces and the hemlocks, the yews and the maples. I only vaguely knew the names of the trees around me, and all I knew was due to Charlie pointing them out to me from the cruiser window in earlier days. There were many I didn’t know, and others I couldn’t be sure about because they were so covered in green parasites. –Bella Swan, Twilight, page 136

The Forks Forest block was designed and pieced by Wanda.


From Wanda:
My simple Forks trees were inspired by the simple cone trees I saw in a quilt book by Jean Wells. I didn't use any of her blocks but I liked the simplicity of the iron on cone trees with a machine blanket stitch so I made them for my block. I chose different greens for each of the trees to set them apart. I used a water drizzled looking gray fabric for the background which of course gives the feeling of rainy Forks. My Forks sign is a simple stlylized version that reminds you of the real detailed one in the movie which you see going in and out of Forks, Washington.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wanda, I love your sweet little trees! You did a beautiful job!

xo -E

whimsyfox said...

sweet & simple. :)