February 20, 2012

Stephenie Meyer Quilt: Charlie

Charlie is Police Chief Swan to the good people of Forks.
–Bella Swan, Twilight, page 5

Charlie's block was designed and pieced by Jerri Lynn using Jennifer Ofenstein's Two Tone Star pattern.


From Jerri Lynn:
When creating Charlie’s block, I knew I wanted to showcase Charlie’s position as the chief of police and his love of fishing. These two traits, along with his love of his daughter, are the things that most people know and remember about Charlie. So, I used Jennifer’s star pattern as my base. I created the fishing rod with a length of grosgrain ribbon, a couple of beads, and a cute little fish button.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Jerri Lynn, this is such a cute block. I love the yellow you picked for Charlie's star and the blue background totally reminds me of a river with rocks in it. And the fishing pole and fish are totally Charlie.

xo -E

whimsyfox said...

I really love the dimensionality of this block! Very clever!