June 6, 2009

Mel


Hi everyone! My name is Melissa, but I like to go by Mel (it’s faster to type, anyways!) I am married and have a beautiful little girl. My family and I live across the border, but will be moving to Boston shortly for just a few years. I sew as a past time; being a new mom and a Biologist are 2 full-time jobs!!!

I discovered Twilight when a friend of mine kept pestering me to read the books. I fell in love with them instantly, taking at most 3 days to read each book. I then went on to purchase the movie. I met this lovely group of ladies on Twilight Moms quite by fluke, actually. I was perusing the discussion topics and just happened to see that there was a whole coven dedicated to bringing their love of Twilight and quilting together. I knew I had found a home!

As far as sewing experience goes, I sew for fun. I have done a lot of little projects, from baby clothing to Xmas stockings and table dressings. My biggest projects include my daughter’s christening gown, which I made from my wedding dress, and a total of 4 baby quilts and one queen size quilt. Although I am no expert, I absolutely adore quilting. Come to think of it, I love anything that has to do with creating something from my bare hands, taking scraps and turning them into beautiful works of art. If it were up to me, I would earn my living by cooking and sewing…simultaneously!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would we do without our quirky Mel!? Thanks for sharing a little about yourself!