May 20, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: The Meadow

The Meadow by Jerri Lynn

The meadow was a peaceful, happy place today. Patches of summer daisies interrupted the grass with splashes of white and yellow. I lay back, ignoring the slight dampness of the ground, and looked for pictures in the clouds. They were too even, too smooth. No pictures, just a soft, gray blanket.

Edward lay next to me and held my hand.

"August thirteenth?" he asked casually after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"That gives me a month till my birthday. I didn't want to cut it too close."

He sighed. "Esme is three years older than Carlisle -- technically. Did you know that?"

I shook my head.

"It hasn't made any difference to them."

My voice was serene, a counterpoint to his anxiety. "My age is not really that important. Edward, I'm ready. I've chosen my life -- now I want to start living it."

-Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, Eclipse, page 615-616

Original paper piecing pattern by Cat. Block pieced by Jerri Lynn.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love it! You did an amazing job.