May 19, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: Bella's Bracelet

Bella's Bracelet by Jerri Lynn


I examined [the bracelet] cautiously. On the opposite side of the chain from the wolf, there now hung a brilliant heart-shaped crystal. It was cut in a million facets, so that even in the subdued light shining from the lamp, it sparkled. I inhaled a low gasp.

"It was my mother's." [Edward] shrugged deprecatingly. "I inherited quite a few baubles like this. I've given some to Esme and Alice both. So, clearly, this is not a big deal in any way."

I smiled ruefully at his assurance.

"But I thought it was a good representation," he continued. "It’s hard and cold." He laughed. "And it throws rainbows in the sunlight."

You forgot the most important similarity," I murmured. "It's beautiful."

"My heart is just as silent," he mused. "And it, too, is yours."

I twisted my wrist so the heart would glimmer. "Thank you. For both."

-Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, Eclipse, page 438-439

Original paper piecing pattern by Cat. Pieced by Jerri Lynn

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Jerri Lynn! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Love it. I just got my bracelet in too from EclipseBracelet.com. Keep up the good work.