March 17, 2012

Stephenie Meyer Quilt: Bella's Bracelet

[Jacob] turned the bag upside down and shook something silver into my hand. Metal links clinked quietly against each other.

“I didn't make the bracelet,” he admitted. “Just the charm.”

Fastened to one of the links of the silver bracelet was a tiny wooden carving. I held it between my fingers to look at it closer. It was amazing the amount of detail involved in the little figurine — the miniature wolf was utterly realistic. It was even carved out of some red-brown wood that matched the color of his skin. –Bella Swan, Eclipse, page 374

[Edward] pulled my left wrist away from my leg, and touched the silver bracelet for just a moment. Then he gave me my arm back.

I examined it cautiously. On the opposite side of the chain from the wolf, there now hung a brilliant heart-shaped crystal. It was cut in a million facets, so that even in the subdued light shining from the lamp, it sparkled. I inhaled a low gasp. –Bella Swan, Eclipse, page 438


This block, called Charm Bracelet, was designed by Cat. I selected the blue for the background because it gave a nice contrast to the silver/gray of the bracelet. For anyone reading about all of the quilts, this is also the fabric of the ground on the New Moon quilt January block. I added the jump rings and embroidered by the heart.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Joyce, you did a beautiful job with this block! I love the blue fabric you used in the background and the jump rings were a perfect touch! Nicely done!

xo -E