March 31, 2010

Eclipse Charity Quilt: The Tent Scene

The Tent Scene by Angie
You said she needed a space heater, and here I am. -Jacob Black, Eclipse, page 490

Ok, I am giving this 'blogging' thing a shot. This is my re-creation of the famous 'tent scene'. If you are like me, this was one of your favorite parts of the book. I adored the banter between the 'boys' and the fact that Bella wasn't sure if she dreamed the whole thing or not. I was trying to capture the battle for heat and cold within the tent so the far side is shaded in dark blues and the other side is a mixture of orange (heat) overpowering the blue (cold). I considered adding some kind of element to show the snow storm that was blazing outside the tent (perhaps some glitter) but decided against it in an effort to keep the idea of the scene inside the tent. I am usually a 'less is more' kind of girl. Of course knowing me, I may change my mind if I see something at A.C. Moore that will have the right feel when I run my errands today. I may use the quilting elements to show the storm. I also considered putting a sleeping Seth outside on the ground. If I can find the right shade of brown, I still may do that too. So anywho...this is where I am at for now.

2 comments:

whimsyfox said...

Angie, fantastic block and blogging! =D I love how it turned out. And yes this is undoubtedly one of my favorite parts of the book....I can feel Edward's pain and frustration at not being able to get Bella warm, and love the banter between the two. Also, I like it when in the story people finally get answers and start understanding each other. I am SO looking forward to seeing it on the big screen!

Elizabeth said...

Angie, beautiful job. Love the batiks and the 'fire and ice' fabric on the tent. Love the sky fabric, too.